要烤柿了!!别紧张!!6 Tips to Ace Your Levels Audition

得知摇摆舞的中高级班以后都要考试才可以进入,烤柿!!多么可怕的字眼啊!!其实不用害怕,当然如果你有一些紧张,这说明你是个有上进心的孩纸~

什么是烤柿呢?What is Levels Audition?

It’s 9pm. Instructors are milling around a giant mob of social dancers. And they are judging you.

时间到了,老师(烤官)们已经在跃跃欲试的舞者周边准备好,舞者们会随着音乐进行几轮的自由轮换即兴舞蹈,老师们可能在盯着你哦~~直到老师选出满意的学生考试就结束了。

听起来还是很可怕,头皮都发麻了呢~怎么办呢??What should I do?

来看看Rebecca Brightly老师给我们6条建议

Let’s check the 6 Tips to Ace Your Levels Audition

#1 Nail your basics.基础不牢,地动山摇

Leave out the super fancy moves. Dance with the music, on beat, rocking your basics.

放弃那些华丽的舞步吧~~~

享受音乐~踩准节奏~把基础舞步做到极致!

For followers,swivels are pretty important. However, great swivels don’t mean a lot if your other basic skills are lacking.

对于跟舞来讲,Swivels固然是很重要的啊~但是也不要一直只做swivel啊~~体现自由体现美!

#2 Practice your lines.注意身体的线条~

At most auditions, the judges will be watching you rather than dancing with you. Having good lines shows that your whole body can dance!

评委在烤柿过程中“看”比“感受”多,因此你身体的姿态是很重要的

First of all, figure out what to do with your free arm.

首先你要关注一下你自由的那只手,别让它“死掉”~~

(记得Nancy老师曾讲过,流畅的身体线条会让你的舞姿看起来特别美丽,这一点在上课的过程中也许很少涉及,但是如果你能调动身体的各个部位协作,说明身体的控制能力很强,看起来也会令人享受)
#3 Dress for the occasion.人靠衣装

Wear something that looks good on you, a bold print, bright color, or an eye-catching accessory are all good ideas.

给评委好的印象,穿适合自己的衣服,然后尽量能在人群中凸显自己~皮卡丘什么的也行啊~如果适合谁的话~~

#4 Match your partner.好好配合

If you’re not matching and working together, it makes at least one of you look bad. Probably both.

跳舞(这里不是solo啊)是两个人的事~~配合是评委评价你的很重要的准则之一~就算solo再漂亮不能配合你的舞伴,也是无用功呀~

Remember to make eye contact with your partner as a first step.首先就是要和舞伴有眼神的交流~~会有神奇的事情发生也说不定呢~
#5 Look happy, dangit!要是不开心的话,还谈什么呢?

Humans are attracted to happy faces.

人们总是会被开心的面容吸引

A great smile exudes confidence, outwardly and inwardly. The judges might even unconsciously assume you are more capable.

笑容会让你看起来更美更自信,也会让评委认为你很从容,是高水准选手!

#6 Mentally prepare for the worst case scenario.做好最坏的心理准备

Remind yourself that the label of the level you end up in is not equivalent to your actual dance level.

做好“失败”的准备,因为不是真的失败~烤柿的结果不一定就给自己贴上了晋级失败的标签,舞蹈很难有一个清晰的界定。把它当做一场不需要门票,而且幸运的话还能拿到晋级钥匙的幸运舞会怎么样?

One more thing:那个那个~~还有一点~

Befriend the judges if you can. While I feel it shouldn’t negatively affect your placement, it can certainly have a positive effect.记得善待评委哦~~舞蹈不是机械加工,评委也不是检测工具~坏的情绪不会对你有好处~(上次笔者在参加Sea Jam考试的时候的心态是:能被Frida和Skye看着跳舞就已经很爽了啊!)

发表评论

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com 徽标

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  更改 )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  更改 )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  更改 )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  更改 )

Connecting to %s